What Rough Beast/ RazorBlade Candy

I YAM

Albany, GA, United States
Lazy Revolutionary in permanent state of rebellion Loving Father Good boyfriend lousy Husband. AKA: Gino; Moe; Finesse; Father Time; Creeper: Sweet Ho; Unk; G; Red and You Black Muthafucka- xCon xDruggie xRobber xTeacher xpreacher xsheep xchristian xmuslim xsucker currently not quite running from but consciously avoiding the killers er i mean police. Diehard Union Supporter. Past Member of Boosters Union#704 and BankRobbers Union #919-Retired from both. No Benefits.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Razorbladecandy

Law #1-Cause and Effect.

Whether you believe in the WORD, the BIG BANG, the DREAM of Brahma or COSMIC SLOP, the constant acceptable explanation for your existence and the the totality of your experience is CAUSE and EFFECT.



I decided when I began this Blog to examine this world in light of this law because it is insulting to my intelligence ( and most likely to yours ) to live in a time in which knowledge and reason are attacked in like manner as sympathy for Stalin was not long ago. George Orwell scripted these times prophetically in 1984 and in Animal Farm as well.



In America, independent thought, prudence and reflection are often labelled unpatriotic, disloyal or cowardly. This exasperates me greatly. But it doesn't surprise me. You see, when I examine Democracy, both as practiced and as preached (not the same), I inevitably reach the conclusion that it is at it's heart a veiled extension of mob rule. I am a Black Southerner. I was born before the Voting Rights and Civil Rights Acts passed under the Johnson. My Birth Certificate identified me as Colored. In other words, I was not born with the expectation of citizenship in the USA. In fact, I was born in a different caste than the majority. My freedoms of speech, movement, assembly etc... are limited to the whims of the majority. Because I was not born with the expectation of these rights, what I exercise is called in legal terms, Granted Privilege. Granted Privilege is a lot like True Citizenship. It just isn't. Consequently I examine the system as an outsider. Am I invoking the race card? Nah. But if I expect you to accept my bona fides as an observer then I should disclose where I'm at when I start running my mouth. So now you know. Democracy has not been the dress rehearsal for heaven to me. It opresses. It smothers. It labels and lynches. It is denies. It withholds. It is not a worthy substitute for civility, charity or love. IT is a hammer dressed up in red white and blue velvet.


Being that it is the month of October, (originally the eighth month in the roman calendar) my thoughts go to my brother's birthday (the 25th) and to Halloween. I have always been intrigued by this Holy Day and the manner in which it is celebrated. Don't get me wrong. I love candy and hanging out at night. The vandalism and disguises, not-so-much. But in many ways it provides such a great example of the Law of Cause and Effect, that I wouldn't be a good insurgent if I didn't examine it. What do you get when you cross the portion of the population that feels shunned and alienated with hordes of snotty children practicing legalized extortion for sweets? Eventually you get razorblade candy. You get the revenge of the weak upon the strong. You get what is called terrorism. The Redcoats were too strong in the open fields of the colonies. As were the Americans in SE Asia. The Russians in Afghanistan. The Philistines in Canaan. What do you get? Guerrilla warfare. Booby traps and pungi pits. Bouncing Bettys and IEDs. Chaos.



There is a group of people in this country who feel powerless over their circumstances and yet when given the choice between seething in their weakness and eating the red pill, choose to see reality and absorb the consequences of engaging in the struggle as they see it. Kaczinski was probably such a man. Some Militia people are such men. Jim Jones was such a man. Huey Newton, John Brown, Nat Turner, Guy Fawkes .... were all such men. Not heroes or devils, just men who decided to stop bending over one day. The little old lady your children scream and throw things at for 364 days (since they egged her front door and toilet papered her Pecan tree)? Guess what? This year, some body's getting razorblade candy in his or her bag. It is not a good thing but it IS predictable behavior. That is what razorblade candy is all about. It's hindsight in the present tense. Prophesy. It's the Great I-told-you-so that you should have seen coming.

Prophesy: another false alarm terrorist threat. Must maintain that fear err alert level. must submit to triggerhappy cops (no breast feeders in that crowd) strangers overdosed on Harrison Ford movies and my permanent status of suspect. Does it occur to you that when you allow racial profiling, you are also endorsing a standard of acceptable appearance? Clean Cut. Happy. Patriotic. Cooperative. Sure officer I'll be happy to bend over for National Security! Gee that's a mighty big probe you've got there officer!

No comments: