What Rough Beast/ RazorBlade Candy

I YAM

Albany, GA, United States
Lazy Revolutionary in permanent state of rebellion Loving Father Good boyfriend lousy Husband. AKA: Gino; Moe; Finesse; Father Time; Creeper: Sweet Ho; Unk; G; Red and You Black Muthafucka- xCon xDruggie xRobber xTeacher xpreacher xsheep xchristian xmuslim xsucker currently not quite running from but consciously avoiding the killers er i mean police. Diehard Union Supporter. Past Member of Boosters Union#704 and BankRobbers Union #919-Retired from both. No Benefits.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Church Switch

[Read the article: Big weekend news] [Read more letters about this article: Here]
I sometimes think the media listens for what it wants to hear as opposed to what is really being said. Obama explained yesterday quite clearly that he was leaving not only because he was asked to account for everything said from the pulpit over which he has no control, but for the good of the congregation. Your fellow members of the media were taking church bulletins and hounding the SICK AND SHUT INS for more dirt on the man. Sheesh. Funny that THAT isn't mentioned in the coverage and was not addressed by the media in the Q & A.
The Silver Lining. I kind of liked the snappish irritation that I saw as he answered inane question after inane question. I believe the primary, the church controversy and Hillary's cheap stunts (I don't THINK....he's a muslim) have toughened and hardened him. I think he will be glad to take off the kid gloves that he had to don to keep from attacking Ms Clinton and playing the bully. ( Can't you see Hillary going all Scarlett Ohara when he questions HER judgement HER associations HER supporters " Well I....cue the southern drawl ... NEVAH heard such a thing a'tall"
Give the man a break. All of us who join a church are usually enraptured for a moment and then when the rapture doesn't come we find other reasons for coming. Friendships social interaction, a child's comfort zone. You show me a man who's attended church for twenty years and I'll show you a man who's checking his watch, wondering if he cut off the coffee pot and thinking about the cubs line-up halfway through the sermon. I know the minute I hear words like exegesis or philosophy or apologia... I zone out. I'm not anti-intellectual, but I'm too jaded to expect great wisdom from a man in a robe that looks like mamas housecoat. I'm not looking for the sermon on the mount or a socratic exercise. Church is not where the Manchurian candidates get their instruction. It's just a church. A place to take a 90 minute trip away from everything in the comfort people who know you and like your company. It's just an opiate after all, right.?
Sunday, June 1, 2008 07:09 AM

No comments: