What Rough Beast/ RazorBlade Candy

I YAM

Albany, GA, United States
Lazy Revolutionary in permanent state of rebellion Loving Father Good boyfriend lousy Husband. AKA: Gino; Moe; Finesse; Father Time; Creeper: Sweet Ho; Unk; G; Red and You Black Muthafucka- xCon xDruggie xRobber xTeacher xpreacher xsheep xchristian xmuslim xsucker currently not quite running from but consciously avoiding the killers er i mean police. Diehard Union Supporter. Past Member of Boosters Union#704 and BankRobbers Union #919-Retired from both. No Benefits.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weeks/ Bynum Update

Bishop Weeks has just invited me to be his friend. In case it's not clear from my profile on BlackPlanet.com , I'm a man. 100% . Hetero. ALL MAN. Not just MANISH ( Which I define as having the appearance, attributes or semblance of a man without being in essence MAN). Does that sound homophobic? I hope not. I'm not afraid of gays, but as a straight man who has been hit on a time or two I have come to be wary of the approach of men (outside of a church or workplace setting) who don't do the things that men do in each others presence for the first time. Confused? Lemme Hep. A little Background first. (I haven't forgotten you Mr Weeks) I'm a Black Man in my Mid Forties. I've lived in the streets and at times on the streets for a good portion of my adult life. I'm a 2 time felon with stints in 5 different prisons/ holding facilities and 10 different county jails. I've been shady from New York to South Fla. I'm the guy that makes you drop your keys in the club parking lot at 3 in the morning because you didn't hear me coming until I was moving past you. Don't worry, I'll just look at you and keep kickin rocks cause I'm handling some business in those early hours that doesn't involve you. When dudes pass me on the street, they don't follow me or stare too hard.

A good friend of mine in Milan once said"Mo, I been watchin the way you carry yourself around here and it took me along time to come up with the right word to describe you, but I found it." I asked what the word was and he said, "Unapproachable".
ME: Huh?
RED: Guys don't come to you with that bullshit like they do a lot of these other cats. They don't test you. You put out this vibration that these clowns don't want to deal with. You see how these cats always trying to run game on me? Loan me this, front me that, look out for me, let me eat witchoo. They know I don't smoke, but they always broke except for cigarettes and swine so I can't get paid back. I trip. I was a nasty dude out in that world Mo. On the strength. You ask these Cleveland cats about Red from the southside. If you crossed me then I'd smack you with the four fifths and if you didn't lay down fast enough I'd make you wear something. These dudes know my reputation but they test anyway. I look at you and I don't understand it.
ME:You took Shahada bruh. They think you're non-violent cause you practice Islam.
RED:We Non-Violent in a sense, but you know the Ummah Mo. Fight in the way of Allah. We rolls out deep.
ME:Yeah, but you aint on that Gangsta shit no more. They like scavengers around an a wounded cat. They waitin for a weakness- a gap they can shoot. You're like a big cat in a cage at the zoo a Lion or a Tiger behind a thick cage that can't get out.
RED:What are you Mo?
ME:I'm the Bonefish. The Solo Shark I'm the thing with the nameplate that fell off. The import from Polynesia that no body's seen before. The undefinable. They look at me and say "Fuck it, his meat probably aint no good no way.
RED: Unapproachable, Mo. That's you.

Where was I ? Oh yeah. In prison in the streets on the court or the field or any other setting that is a metaphor for war, men generally revert to baser inclinations. Not out of violent intent but out of respect for the potential of a stranger. No smiles. No hand shake. We greet like predators in neutral territory unless someone is there to conduct an introduction. That's what I dislike about church. TOO friendly. TOO quick to accept. It's an unnatural instinct. Church people are so anxious to portray the JOY of being saved, that they want to shake hands all day and hug too long and rock and turn to their neighbors and say "Neighbor, God is fill-n-the-blank-catchphrase this morning." Makes me want to go outside and spit. But that's what happens when churches start becoming popular to compete for the leisure dollar. Happyhappyjoyjoy. Smiling men hiding a range of awkward habits and inclinations. Brassy women looking for someone to boss on the weekend and to obey like they do on the job. A soft man fits the bill. Preachers pimp women and punk the brothers until the men stop going without knowing why. You love God? You love the Lord? You can't stand church? Ain't nothing wrong with you. That's your own righteous God-given manhood rising up. Until you find a church where men are men from the top down and treat each other as such, do like CC and keep on walking.

From what I've read, Yeshua ben Yusef wasn't a soft man. He was fearless uncompromising and always ready and willing to speak truth to power. He took the stripes and took the cross when he didn't have to for principle. Love and duty. That's not a soft man. To make a long story short, The Black Church creates a sanctuary for soft/sissy men, like bacteria in a petri dish, shit just festers and grows. Gays are rewarded and praised without being told thus say the lord. The popularity of gay members will make a weak shepherd turn the other way when things get out of hand. Large Mega churches can't afford to be unpopular and so they become accepting of activity and lifestyles to keep those collection plates filled with dope and trick money. They sponsor fashion shows and become meat markets that compete with clubs and bars for the leisure dollar. Oh but I digress.

Bishop if you want to be my friend, wipe that smile off your face. If I need my dick sucked it won't be you doin it. Too much friendly is bad juju fam. Speakin of blow jobs, How you and Juanita doin these days? I aint mad atcha pimp, If you aint chin checkin you aint Hen checkin.

No comments: